10 Great Home Improvement Tips
Here at Rock Painting & Gutters, while we specialize in beautifying your home with the perfect painting services, as well as making sure your roof gutters allow for proper drainage, but we also provide complete home improvement services. Read on to get some good ideas about where to start your specific home improvement upgrades.
Home improvement doesn’t have to mean a complete overhaul of your home. While you can replace tile, carpet and repaint, you can also do simpler fixes. Buying some new air fresheners, wall art or plants can also liven your home. Read this article for more tips on easy home improvement.
- When it comes to home improvement, consider remodeling either your kitchen or bathroom first. These are two of the best ways that you can add the most value to your house. If possible, add an additional bathroom to your house as this is always a way to boost the value of your home.
- Always look around for greater deals when purchasing products for your renovation. Putting down new flooring can be costly and comparing prices can help you get the best prices. Shop at discount home supply stores and find stores that offer bargains.
- In order to attach PVC pipes, you need PVC primer and cement. Without these items, the pipes won’t stay together and liquids may leak from them. In addition, make sure there’s no moisture on the pipes.
- Before you begin your next home improvement project, think about how long you would like to stay in your home. If you are planning to move this year, you may have a different budget for improvements than if you were staying for awhile. You would also want to focus on areas in the home, like the kitchen and bathrooms, that buyers think are most important.
- When trying to fix up a house to flip it, pay attention to the kitchen. If has linoleum floors, replace them with tile. It makes the place look much better. You should examine the counters and look at replacing them. They don’t have to be granite, but granite counter tops increase the value of the home and up your chances of selling it.
- An easy way to protect walls and floors from marks, and to protect your young children while you’re at it, is to pad furniture with sharp edges. You can find cheap corner protectors in any store, or apply foam tape yourself on sharp edges. Another thing that you should do is tape down loose wiring that can strangle your child.
- Get some extra space on night tables by selecting floor lamps over table lamps. Floor lamps could be moved around, on the other hand, table lamps use a lot of table space. Choose a lamp with a unique design that you can appreciate.
- By installing crown molding, you will be updating your home with a crisp and fresh look that is surprisingly high-impact. At just over a dollar per square foot, you can splurge on molding that complements your window trim, flooring and baseboards. This look is timeless and easily adds value to your home, even after many years.
- Create the illusion of higher ceilings with window treatments. To make the ceiling “raise”, put the curtain rods higher. This will make the eye think the room is higher as well.
- Replace your old curtains with new ones. A faded set of curtains will take away from the look of the entire space. By eliminating them you will add a dramatic feel to your room without having to go through all of the work of painting the room. It is an affordable and easy way to get a new look.
Depending on your budget and your skill level, home improvement can mean adding or tearing down walls, building a deck, or re-roofing. However, if you want some quick updates, getting new throw pillows or rugs should suffice. Remember the tips in this article if you would like to do some home improvement. And also remember that when you need interior or exterior home painting, or a new roof gutter system, contact us at Rock Painting & Gutters today by calling 972-737-ROCK or use this contact form.